Thursday, March 19, 2009

Weddings


Lydia's photos from Andrew & Carissa's wedding got me all nostalgic about weddings again. David was able to make the trip to San Diego to attend, but due to my lack of vacation days and our lack of extra funds, I stayed behind. It looked like a gorgeous wedding, and the photos are beautiful. I told David to pretend that he was a girl and give me every detail he could think of about the wedding (instead of the "it was nice" I probably would have gotten otherwise), and it sounded oh so lovely. Lydia Hartnett, your photos make me cry. And the fact that Andrew & Carissa are such a cute couple doesn't hurt. I love that Carissa wore her mother's dress that was altered just for her. (Photo by Lydia Hartnett at link above).

Here are some bridal gowns, bridesmaid dresses, and shoes that I love.


JCrew's Francette Gown is simple, but girly and fun.


JCrew's Silk Dupioni Gwendolyn Gown is also pretty with the shoulder detail. This would be great for a classy, formal bride.


This white tea length dress from Posh Girl Vintage is a 50's vintage dress. I love love love tea length wedding dresses (mine was tea length!). So fun. Good for a nontraditional bride.


Another Posh Girl find. This vintage 50's Marilyn style white ruched dress is so understated (in a good way) and classic.


Now for the bridesmaids. Jcrew's Cotton Cady Sydney Dress is adorable in both tea rose and light pewter. I think gray with a bright color (like pink or yellow) would be such a fun color palette.


JCrew's Silk Taffeta Ruffle Wrap Dress is great in black. One you could definitely wear again. I heart wrap dresses and ruffles.


Umm... adorable, yes?


Side note:
We have a few weddings to attend this summer, and I am sort of dying for this Fred Flare Pretty in Pink Bouquet Dress. It's so vintage-y, girly, and pretty. Very tempting...

Weddings... how I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment