Monday, March 9, 2009

Yummy Dinner


So I'm back in the office after a three-day work trip to Harrisburg last week. A few photos from that to come.

We had a nice weekend of relaxing and hanging out with friends. Last night I made this dinner from a recipe from Real Simple. Mark & Kristi bought me a one-year subscription for Christmas, and my step-mom, Barbara, bought me a second year's subscription. (Thank you!) It was easy and delicious. Oh how I love that magazine.

Hands-On Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes

Ingredients:
1 lb. refrigerated pizza dough (When I don't feel like making dough from scratch, I like to use a mix from the grocery store that you simply mix with water. Wal-Mart has cheap packages for around 60 cents, but I hate Wal-Mart. Martin's has a Betty Crocker mix for about a dollar.)
1 cup fresh ricotta
1 cup grated mozzarella (4 oz.)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 oz.)
1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed and roughly chopped (5 cups)
black pepper
1/4 lb. thinly sliced salami
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup jarred marinara sauce, warmed

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four equal portions and roll and stretch them into 8 inch rounds.
2. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. Layer the salami on one side of each round of dough and top with the cheese mixture. Fold the dough over the filling and pinch the edges to seal.
4. Brush the tops of the calzones with the oil. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with the sauce.

Mmm.

Photo from Real Simple.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great Sarah,
    You didn't tell us how much salami to use...
    I am sure it is just a few slices per calzone...
    Did you use any other meats?

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I forgot to list the salami! I fixed it. I didn't add anything else, but I bet it would be good with other meats too. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today and enjoyed reading your thoughts and seeing pictures of you and David...Continue to enjoy what all God has ahead for you both!

    Your comment about the magazine REAL SIMPLE caught my attention. I had the opportunity to try the magazine last year through a rewards program. I have been so impressed with all the amazing things it packs in each month so simply!

    Sondy Wiggins

    ReplyDelete